Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Blue birds

I love my blue birds. They have taken up residence in the birdhouse along the back fence. Every evening the Mr. and the Mrs. follow me around the backyard. They sit on the clothes line or the electric wire or wherever they can watch my activities. Tonight the speckle breasted baby almost let me get close enough to touch him. He dips and twirls right around my head.  Each night I bid them buenos noches at 10:00 pm when I am ready for my shower and they are still enjoying the waning light. I wonder how much later they stay up.


I was pondering the other day how they came to be blue. Blue is not a camouflage color.


I think they are here to bring me joy, the blue birds of happiness.  A bald eagle flew beside my car yesterday as I inspected hay fields for weeds. Hummingbirds swarm my front porch all day and compete for the feeders I put out. I wake to songbirds as the sun peeks over the mountains each morning. The birds of Montana fill me with gratitude and make me smile.

No comments: