Saturday, January 4, 2014

Saturday morning

Sometimes I have to laugh at myself. This morning I realized why I live in a little cabin way out of town. I am a country girl through and through. In the middle of frying  a couple eggs, I noticed a chickadee hanging from an empty feeder outside the window. Already donning a red flannel shirt over my nightgown, I pulled on my Cornell sweatpants, shoved my feet into my old LL Bean pack boots and threw on my carhartt jacket.  My reflection in the window reminded me why I need to live where you can't see your neighbor's house. There are no fashion police out here. 

I will never be mistaken for a Diva and that is OK. I can and do put on red lipstick, a skirt and boots on Friday nights but oh I love Saturday mornings being snowed in the cabin. I can be me through and through. 

No comments: