Monday, January 12, 2015

Transition

It has been an interesting start to 2015. I have been absorbed by the energy of stillness. There is a power in the quiet, some underlying courage. The snow has been piling up the cabin walls as it slides off the tin roof. There are white banks as high as my kitchen window and the path to my door is beginning to look like a labyrinth of twisting tunnels. My pen and I have been silent. It is a period of rest and recharging. My mornings are spent reflecting and envisioning. I stretch my legs in front of the fire and snug my afghan around me. The break in office duties was welcome during the holidays. The feeling of calm has persisted, which is strange, yet wonderful. The calm before the storm,maybe? No, I think more the resting before the launch. This year is full of promise and opportunity. I am wondering if I am just more accepting of the flow this year. The long nights are welcomed instead of being endured. I go to bed early, tucked into my flannel sheets, allowing myself to rejuvenate and dream deeply. The endless summer days will be here soon enough. They will be filled with outdoor activities and home maintenance. Sleep will not be a priority then. So for now, I am content to enjoy the solitude, shovel once more and settle in with a book for a change. 

No comments: