Monday, October 31, 2016

Reunion


My heart is a flutter.

My breath comes quickly.

I feel the blood coursing through my veins.

The wait is over; our reunion is at hand.

I hear my name slipping from his lips.

He reaches for me. I am a ship sliding into port.

The days have been endless.

They piled up like drifts across my soul.

My pen is breaking free of the icy stillness.

I feel warmth returning to my body.

A thaw washes over my being.

Months melt away in the blink of an eye.

A blessing is bestowed upon us today.

A healing is at hand.

Time has no meaning right here, right now.

As the sun rises to greet me, I share with him my dreams.

I thank the Divine for giving me this day.

I let him know, I did not waiver. I did not falter.

I held to my heart’s calling.

A quiet encircles me in a peaceful embrace.

Knowing expands in the freedom of this space.

Joy bubbles up gently to tickle my nose.

Soon, I tell myself.

The waiting is over. Our reunion is at hand.

September 15, 2015

No comments: