Saturday, June 9, 2012

Sweet cherry research

Sometimes I think my life has got to slow down. There are just too many great things to do in the world. I picked up my cherry growers, Tom, Bruce and Joe at 6:00 am after getting to bed after the cattle drive after 11:00. Back up at 4:00 to get ready and meet the guys. Helping the Flathead Lake cherry growers with research that mitigates their risk has been very rewarding to me. The cherry variety trials are now in their third year and we should see fruit this year. At the end of this month will be a field day where we showcase these trials to all 150 growers on the lake. Exciting times. Not everyone shares my enthusiasm for this research but that is ok. Sometimes you have to do what you know is right in your heart.
Bruce Johnson, me, Tom Lawrence and Joe Hurst
 at the WSU experiment station in Prosser, WA

No comments: