Saturday, October 27, 2012

An Open Heart

I asked the universe to show me what was keeping me from accepting a situation completely and I saw my heart struggling to open fully. I thought it had been open but I came to see that I had been protecting myself. I had my heart half open so that I could slam it shut quickly if necessary. Having our heart wide open often feels like a place of weakness when in fact it is a place of strength. When I saw this, I relaxed and felt myself truly breathe into the circumstance. I do not have to close my heart or protect myself from other’s behaviors.


Feeling joy or pain is our personal choice, no matter what is happening around us. An open heart can be soft and surrendering or authoritative and strong. Our choice. The body completely relaxes when we allow our heart to unwind and drop its defenses. For me, it was a matter of trust. I trust me. I trust I will take care of me. I do not need to carry armor over my heart. I will always be OK. I am divinely supported and loved. No one can cause an emotion in me I have not chosen.

I can look at their actions and see that it is just another point of view. I do not have to buy into their ideas or defend my own. I can be the observer and relax, breathe into my heart. Only with an open heart can we see others and they see us for all that we are. We feel-see them. A half opened heart is looking out through old beliefs and old fears. The minute anything resonates with an ancient wound, we can slam the heart closed. Is that really the way you want to see the world, from behind a broken door?

No. I am so glad I was given this vision to help me see the basis for my discomfort. An open heart allows me to see the truth. It allows me to be all that I can be and expand to my full potential. I do not have to agree or fight, just be.

No comments: