Monday, July 22, 2013

Acceptance

This morning I get my daily inspirational quote on my email. It states that "happiness comes from acceptance". Otherwise,  not being attached to outcomes. Ok, I agree. Same idea as the Buddhist expression paraphrased, "Pain is caused by attachment to outcomes." 

If this is true and I understand that concept, then why do we pray? Why do we believe in the Law of Attraction and the ability to manifest? If we are to sit back and accept our life just as it is, then why aren't we led to sit and contemplate our navels? Why do we know in our hearts that there is more? How do we choose which of these philosophies to follow? Sit back and  accept or strive and reach? If we are to do both, how do we know when and at what times to do which? 


I will have a long drive today through beautiful mountains to mull over these ideas. In Montana, that can mean going to the grocery store but today I journey farther. I wish we'd been born with owner's manuals to decipher these paradoxes. If I have some epiphany I will be sure to share soon. Feel free to comment. I cant be the only one with this question.

No comments: