Thursday, July 18, 2013

Soar


I am on my way home from work today and I am thinking, "I cant wait for this week to be over." This is an unusual feeling for me since I enjoy my job. It just seems like everyone has been wearing their crabby pants this week. I had more complaints and people saying I am not doing enough, than I have had in the last 4 or 5 years. The requests have been for example, "Why cant you stop people from using herbicides to control their weeds? Why cant you find a use for the old aluminum plant in Columbia Falls? Why don't you trace back all the manure being sold and find out what those cows have been eating? Why haven't you been sending me any newsletters for the past year like I wanted? (Could be because there are no apple newsletters, just a guess) Why don't you give everybody grapes to experiment with?"

I was thinking it was my Creator's way of saying, "You really need a vacation", which coincidentally starts tomorrow. Then just as I was coming up to the round-about, not a mile out of town, I saw a red tailed hawk being harassed by a tiny bird. I continued towards home and had gone about another 4 miles when over Foys Lake was an eagle being chased by a crow. Two of these scenarios within 5 minutes? Then I laughed to myself. Of course! Keep soaring! Keep flying and reaching new heights. Don't let petty comments and whiners get you down. The eagle does not turn around and attack the small bird; she does not sit and contemplate their lack of communication; she just flies off in a new direction.

Thank you, thank you for this sign. I know that I can not make everyone happy. I can just keep on putting out my best effort and allow others to say what they wish. Even by writing this blog, I have opened myself up to criticism and comment. I must be able to weather negative feedback. I am writing about my own emotions and vulnerabilities in the faith that it may make someone feel that they are not alone. Be the hawk, be the eagle. Don't take it personally. Fly!


No comments: