Monday, June 24, 2013

Bee



I was taking time to smell the roses under my window, when I saw a little bee lying very still in the middle of the blossom. It was early in the morning and I thought maybe he had passed away during the night. I was a bit sad but I had to admit, he had selected a lovely place to transition. He looked so soft and fuzzy that I was compelled to touch him gently with my finger. Much to my surprise, he stretched his legs and rolled over. He was sleeping! Maybe he was just not a morning person. Bees have roles: workers, queens, nurses and builders. I am guessing he did not appreciate the early shift. This adorable little guy was lying in the sun, nestled in a bed of pollen, intoxicated by the fragrance.

Even in nature, the tiniest of beings are able to enjoy life’s pleasures. Thank you, Mr. Bee, for appreciating the roses I have planted and enjoying them as much as I do.

No comments: