Monday, June 3, 2013

Just me

In my attempt to consider what I bring to a relationship, I began pondering who I am. Everything I could use to define myself was so confining. I thought about the color personality types. I had labeled myself a blue -warm, sensitive and secondly an orange - independent, creative type. Then I looked at my life. I am extremely gold - organized and structured in my job managing the budget for the department and handling all of the grants . In the family, I was the one who insisted on keeping holiday traditions and cleaned houses for a living - both gold traits. I use the green - logical, scientific side of me in my research and teaching of plant physiology. I am the whole palette, we all are.I mulled over my astrological data. I am all the signs and all of the planets. I am fire; I am earth; I am water; I am air. My sun sign does not define me. I am my transits, my yods, my trines. I am the earth of my rising sign, the fire of my moon and the air of my 10th house.
I am an indoor person in my passion of cooking,watching movies, reading and writing. I am an outdoor person in my love of horses, camping, the forests and exploring. I am a nurturer. I am a disciplinarian. I am a teacher. I am a student. I am an extrovert at my profession and an introvert when I get home. I can be proper. I can be a vamp. I am a PhD. I am a bar wench. I am independent. I long to have someone to lean on. I am an expert. I am a rookie. I am all of these. 
I am an unlimited being. I can find no words to describe myself completely. I am continually striving to be more than I knew. What I was yesterday, I may not be tomorrow. I have incarnated to live and experience. I have ridden the pendulum swing in many areas of my life. I am me. I guess that will have to do for now.

photo by Nicole Tavenner

No comments: