Sunday, November 25, 2012

Marmot and Bear

I'd like to announce the beginning of my new children's book Marmot and Bear. I feel inspired to write a book for parents to read with their children that will encourage discussion around social skills and etiquette. I am seeing more and more young people that are ignorant of basic table manners and how to engage in polite conversation. In educational circles, these abilities are called “soft skills”. Business owners are complaining that new employees have not been trained in these areas. Soft skills were taught in the home and reinforced at school in the past. Somewhere along the line, this education has been lost. Marmot and Bear will address a few of these areas in a fun setting. I hope you join me on my newest blog. I will be illustrating these stories and get my artistic juices flowing again. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I couldn't agree more. At Thanksgiving there were two young boys 9 & 11. Very difficult to get them to engage and they just left the table when they felt like it without asking for any kind of permission. I went to a private school so this was pounded into me since I was very young. I've also noticed the lack of emphasis on posture. Have fun with the illustrations!